GTB IT Solutions Ltd Terms and Conditions
Version: 19 Dec 13
By giving us instructions to do work or supply you with advice or goods, you are agreeing to accept our terms and conditions as detailed here. Likewise, when we accept your instructions, we are bound to these Terms as well.
In this document the terms ‘you’, ‘your’ and ‘client’ refer to the organisation or individual person purchasing goods or services from GTB, and the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to GTB IT Solutions Ltd.
The term ‘goods’ and ‘services’ are loosely used and refer to anything supplied by GTB to you in exchange for consideration.
The vast majority of our clients are businesses, or people using our products and services for commercial purposes. Therefore these Terms and Conditions are written primarily with them in mind. However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions overrides any rights of ‘consumers’ as defined in and under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Our Commitment to You…
As a client of GTB IT Solutions Ltd (GTB) we want you to know that you have the right to expect the following standards from us…
1. At all times, we will do our best to live by our core value of ‘Quality work’:
- We will do our best to deliver you a professional, high quality and consistently reliable service.
- We will stay up to date with the latest technology and how to best apply it for our clients – we will be ‘leading’ edge, not ‘bleeding’ edge.
- We will give you options and only recommend what we believe is the best for you and your situation.
- We will look at your needs holistically – in this way seeking to minimise the ‘total cost of ownership’ of your IT investment, which includes the hidden costs.
2. At all times, we will do our best to live by our core value of ‘Care for people’:
- You will receive a professional, friendly and courteous service.
- We will do our best to always speak in ‘plain English’, explaining things to you in terms you can understand, so that you can make the best decisions for your needs.
- We will work together as an integrated TEAM (‘together everyone achieves more’), bringing out and valuing the strengths of each of our individual team members, so that we can offer you the best solutions and support.
- We will consider the needs of you and your team so that the solutions we recommend also meet their needs and therefore help deliver greater morale and productivity.
Your Commitment to Us…
For you to be our client, we need to know that we can expect the following standards from you…
- You will be honest, truthful and upfront with us at all times.
- You and your team will be courteous and respectful to our team.
- You agree that the essence of our relationship is ‘win-win’. This includes us being paid on time and in full for services and goods supplied.
- You agree that you retain responsibility for making the final decision about what is best for you and/or your business, and accept the consequences of that decision.
General Terms and Conditions of Trade…
- If you are not a ‘consumer’ as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or if you acquire or hold yourself out as acquiring goods or services for the purpose of a business or other commercial endeavour, then nothing in the Consumer Guarantees Act will apply to the supply of the goods and/or services.
- Please choose your goods and services carefully, we will not refund money nor exchange goods because the purchaser changes their mind.
- You are responsible for having a proven and secure back-up of your data and other user customisations. If you wish us to be responsible for this, then ask us to do so and we will ensure the data you ask us to protect is protected. You must be specific about what you want us to protect. This service is chargeable.
- You note and understand that some of our standard servicing processes involve the over-writing (deletion) of data or user customisations.
- When making changes to something as complex as your computer system, it is possible for unwanted and unpredictable ‘side-effects’ to occur. So it’s important that your system is tested after any changes are made – such as tune-ups, upgrades or repairs. This testing is a part of the cost of our service. To keep your costs manageable while providing you with the best possible service, we will test what you ask us to. If your computer fails one of the TESTED items after you get it back, we will fix it for free, provided of course that no changes have been made to the system after it was returned to you.
- There is an initial payment on confirmation of order to GTB of full hardware costs and 15% of estimated project labour.
- Goods remain the property of GTB IT Solutions Ltd until payment is received in full.
- Because we do not hold stock and instead order specifically for your needs, we will only confirm the price and availability of equipment at the time of the order being placed. Prior to that time, unless stated otherwise, all prices for equipment are subject to change. Not holding stock allows us to pass to you the latest prices and best equipment; we do not have old or inferior stock that we ‘need to get rid of’.
- Overdue accounts may incur 2.0% per month interest, administrative and collection charges.
- If you buy goods /services from us, you agree to closely inspect them within 24 hours of receipt/completion and inform us if there any defects or other issues. If there are defects or other issues, you also agree to give us prompt access to the goods/place the service was done, so we can inspect them too.
- If a defect becomes apparent within a period of 3 months after the initial inspection, then you agree to notify us immediately.
- If anyone other than us has altered, damaged or tampered with the goods or services, or allowed harm to come to them by improper care or use; then we are not responsible, and if we agree to do work to rectify the situation, this will be chargeable. This exclusion includes ‘acts of God’.
- Our workmanship is guaranteed and any non-performance due to our workmanship will be remedied at no cost to the client.
- If you do not do something you are supposed to do as a part of the supply of goods and/or services to you then, without affecting our other legal rights, we may choose to suspend delivery of services or goods to you. If we do this, we will not be liable for any loss or cost incurred by you.
- Items not included in the agreed work scope will be charged as extra, as will matters which arise and are beyond our control and which could not have been reasonably foreseen.
- Equipment warranties usually cover supply of replacement items up to the limit of the manufacturer’s warranty, but do not include anything else unless expressly stipulated. Notably, they do not include our labour and other costs to diagnose the fault, install or configure the replacement. These costs are chargeable to you. (An optional extended labour warranty is available at the time of equipment purchase to cover these risks).
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing, the investigation of a reported problem is chargeable time, whether or not the problem is solved.
- We place a great emphasis on client confidentiality. We will however report to the client and/or the Police, as we consider appropriate, the presence of illegal material or stolen hardware.
- We operate a safe work environment. If our staff at any stage feel threatened or subject to abuse, they have the right to withdraw their services and report to GTB management. We will not be responsible for any loss or cost arising from them exercising this right.
Last Updated on