This morning in San Francisco Apple announced the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, including that they will be first launched globally in New Zealand on 25 Sep with pre-orders from 12 Sep.
The tagline is interesting “The only thing that has changed with the iPhone 6 and 6s Plus is everything”.
Key changes include:
- 3D Touch – which senses pressure to enable new ways to access features and interact with content
- Construction – Uses the strongest glass on any smartphone, and the same aluminium alloy used in the aerospace industry!
- Live Photos – bringing still images to life by capturing a moment in motion
- 12 megapixel camera – and high definition video
- A9 chip – for 70% faster performance and better battery life
The 3D Touch feature in particular will make an impact – as it allows different actions to happen depending on how hard you press the screen. Developers will be able to bring more options, menus and features within easy reach of the user.
They come in a new colour – rose gold metallic!
There were also announcements about the iPad and other products.
GTB does NOT sell iPhones, but we do of course support Apple devices, and systems and people using them.